Saturday, December 5, 2015

As Time Goes By

Well..its been seven long years and three months and time again for all the same old Christmas Carols.

I practice a good few of them on my lonely clarinet almost daily.. usually after my thick steel cell door is slammed shut every night round nine pm.
Sometimes though.. the music doesnt find its way to my fingers and my energy is low and my soul as flat.
Everyone has days like these , and many have more reason than me to be deflated.

I too have had so many things all so much worse than what I endure here every day .. so actually I am not complaining or making out to be all hard done by.

No.. not here.. not now... not  ever.
Ive been in touch with so many friends.. and have never a dull moment on this small illegal device.
There is always something of interest going on or someone to talk to.

Kuwait and U.K. have now signed extradition agreements regarding the exchange of prisoners from either side, for offences to be tried at home.
So clearly my case excludes me from this particular judicial cooperation because I am not wanted in the U.K. for any crimes committed there or large amounts of stolen money.

However.. the process of negotiation has been underway for a long time now and the news article this weekend is the third step in a number of stages that have been published over the last few years.
So what it was I really needed to explain today was that even as so many caring friends have  attempted so hard to unearth the facts and to highlight the legal discrepancies and the dubious circumstances surrounding my arrest all those years back.

They were brave.. tenacious and became ever more aware of the devious concealments that had so effectively held me fast under yet  another overloaded and misinformed apathetic judiciary.

My caring friends showering me with encouragement and positive feedback where all I had expected was derision and rolling eyes at my muted pleas for review.
Muted because.. this account on my behalf cannot be made by me.. or be instigated or requested by me.

In order for it to be as genuine and honest as possible  it had to come from those closest to me and those that had cared enough to read through the maze of information and scattered details that I have taken so very long to assemble.
There were a number of glowing testimonials submitted by my closest friends, for which I will be ever grateful and sincerely humbled .. but they were statements that I could not personally request.
Someone else had to do this and compile it all coherently for presentation to the relevent authorities.

All this was done,  and a whole  lot more as I waited awkwardly in the wings watching the accolades and affection from far and wide, come flooding in to form the backbone of the approach for clemency.

No comments:

Post a Comment