Thursday, March 10, 2016

Ch (5) Legal Loose Ends..

Everything ties up now.. Nothing made sense before 2014.

 Noted Irregularities in the handling of my case which were Ignored.

We have noted that  many "Kuwaiti Citizens" with any single item as below described ... are in most cases  aquitted.

The incidence of  drug trafficking occurs fairly frequently here and i have retained a great many newspaper reports about this over the years.

1)  Incriminating cash was alledgedly handed to me by police before my arrest.
This the Cid claimed and I denied.

2)  I was alone and had no accomplices, and was not at ....or near any international border or airport...nor was I witnessed by any person crossing into kuwait.

I was convicted of the much more serious offence of trafficking.
Trafficking involves arrest at a border crossing or airport... but
I was arrested in the city centre in broad daylight.
Not Trafficking !

3) I was not able to witness the said tyre being opened ,  or that it contained anything... or that it was even the same tyre.
There were no fingerprints or dna of mine on any of it or on the contents of the tyre.
The contents of the tyre were 50kg of cannabis resin alledgedly.

4)  I was interrogated alone and under extreme duress for days.
I guessed too much and knew little.

5)  I was interrogated without legal council and photographed against my will my photo published globally before my trial and conviction.

6) I was forced under extreme duress to sign statements and confessions also initially un accompanied by a lawyer and all in arabic.

7) When i was finally permitted to meet  and brief.. with a lawyer.. it was for less than an hour and also under conditions in the jail of extreme anxiety and duress.

8) I was diagnosed by two doctors independently as suffering from chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Doctor Conrad Czech before my arrest in south africa. And then dr Mohammed Yusuf of the State Psychiatric Hospital in Kuwait.
I have these reports.

They were ignored and i was declared mentally fit even as i was most severely afflicted.

9) No traces of any Alcohol or Drugs were detected in my blood or urine.. 

10) My hotel room in Kuwait was torn apart and searched rigorously without and warrant at  2am in the morning.
No drugs or tools were there.

11) My court appearances were witnessed by British Embassy Consular representatives.. David Curtis and Jihan Roshdi.
I was grateful for this care even as they were not able to do anything.
None of us knew what we know now.
It was their advice not to interfere as they were convinced  my case would be thrown out.

There was no testimony other than the arabic lawyer and the first court proceeding took twelve minutes.

12). My appeal court hearing took less than eight minutes and i was not able to brief with the lawyer over this nor to submit any testimony.

13) Company cash with me was all meticulously documented with corresponding reciepts and statements. All disregarded.

14) Basic telephonic communication from the jail 2008/9... at all times was highly restricted and then, only limited to five minute calls.

This verdict was decided long before my arrest and court proceedings were clearly only for appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment