Saturday, February 20, 2016

Ch (14) Accolades Posponed


How many days ive missed your face.

Your silence and my solitude

Whatever did they tell you to have held your resolve so implacably

How i longed to regain my place.

My heart with so many gifts long overdue

But its all gone now, it went so fast

What could have been, just never was.

How many years Ive failed this race.

Seeing so many others around me

So proud of their sons, but mine lost

And I, to such misplaced disdain, resigned

Your praises so many, left unsaid.

And so many.. im sure unseen

But your door stays closed

My muted call declined.. denied

My longing, and knowing that

Nothing lasts forever

Excepting  my love
Michael

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, sad and gentle. It's not too late when you have love like this. Every son would treasure a poem like this from their father!

    ReplyDelete