Thursday, July 7, 2016

Dont Read This...too scary!

We went outside into the yard covered by steel grids.
There was no sun.. the sky was an orange glow.. and i shivered.
But i went on out following the few others who appreciated the the opportunity to take a breath of fresh air. Air that has not been rebreathed or tainted so by these tightly closed cell blocks.
As i walked out over the dry powder earth.. the sky opened.
This hot dry desert so long so harsh.
The rain poured down in big heavy drops. Bursting cool on my scalp.. was  so wow !!
I walked on out into the long bleak high walled yard as the damp smell of wet dust rose around me.
I tore off my jacket and wrinkled old tee shirt and stood with my arms out sideways as the rain gushed over the startled bare skin of my shoulders and back.
My face to the sky.. and eyes closed .. drops plopping on my eyelids and face..
I prayed a thank you.. and the others must have thought me a bit crazy.. but i ignored that.. as they came out from the sheltered edges and copied me in my ritual of chilly gratitide and acceptance of the great gift.
I think it was for me..
Just to say.. stay..

No comments:

Post a Comment